- Bribe Fighter
- 28 days ago
- 1040 views
Had identified a land for Purchase in (Dhakoli) Zirakpur Punjab. I was offered to register the land at guidance value which is lower than the actual sale proceeds. I refused and am ready to pay stamp duty on the exact sale value which is 4 times the guidance value.
However, I have been clearly told that I should prepare for 3 to 5% on land sales proceeds as BRIBE to be shared by Typist to Tehsildar at the time of Registration.
If I choose not to pay, I would be harassed day after day and my land would not get registered.
My question is :
1. When I am paying full stamp duty - how can you penalise me by putting 3-5% bribe on the sale value ? Are you encouraging me to then register it at a lower sale value ?
2. I pay taxes on my income - how would I show the 3-5% BRIBE payment ?
3. My land would not be registered if I dont pay BRIBE - what should I do now ?
4. Income Tax Laws reserves the right to question me if I dont pay correct stamp duty - but why will I pay the correct stamp duty on sales proceeds higher than guidance value and attract higher BRIBE payment ?
5. Where can I complain ? Is this #swatchbharat ? Is this #indiashining ? Is this #digitalindia ?