Dr. Malati Das

Former IAS Officer & Chief Secretary
Planning & Statistics

Dr Malati Das has worked as an IAS officer in the state of Karnataka. She retired as Chief Secretary. As Additional Chief Secretary, Planning and Statistics, she developed the conceptual framework, and managed the preparation of the Karnataka Human Development Report 2005. As Secretary, Women and Child Development, she developed a gender action plan for the state known as the Karnataka Women's Development Plan. Dr. Das has worked with the World Bank as a consultant in Ethiopia, Visiting Professor at the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) Bangalore, and currently she is an advisor with Janaagraha

Dr. S.T. Ramesh

Former DG & IG, Karnataka

Dr S.T. Ramesh worked as an IPS officer in the state of Karnataka. He retired as the DGP of Karnataka in 2011. He was the Central Intelligence Office, Intelligence Bureau, Bangalore, Deputy IG CID, & IG Police Computer Wing & State Crime Record Bureau, where he digitized the crime record of Karnataka. He represented India for various overseas programs related to police & security, including the Atlanta Olympics, 1996. He has also received various accolades viz. the President's Police Medal for Meritorious Service – Independence Day 1995, President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service – Independence Day 2007
  • 5 months ago

Dear Sir; One ASI (Police) harassed me for 7 months to get my inquiry done on a complaint filed me. He demanded money which I paid him twice and still he hasn't done his job. I reported this in writing to his superiors and I think his department is trying to save him. Can I get in trouble for reporting the bribe paid? Please advise! Best Regards

Posted on September 28, 2017 by Raj S Mann

There is always a possibility of corrupt elements in the Police causing trouble to those who expose corruption. However, that should not deter citizens like you from exposing corruption. Please meet the concerned senior officer of or above the rank of Superintendent of Police and bring it to his notice including the fact that the corrupt officer is being saved.

  • 5 months ago

A Bengaluru based fraud real estate company has cheated 10K middle class people. The company promised to give Flat on reasonable price but neither he provided Flat nor refunded money. Owner of the company is habitual offender of cheating.The biggest fraudster awarded by IEDRA, welcomed by VIPs so people believes in him and invested in his company. We have written to KK Govt. to direct CBI probe but no response. What can we do?

Posted on September 28, 2017 by Jawahar Singh

Under the Real Estate Regulation Act 2016 and Karnataka Rules 2017, the aggrieved parties can approach the Regulatory Authority for redressal of their grievances

  • 5 months ago

Respected Sir/Madam , I am a middle class Tamil retail sector employee facing lot of problem in the re-admission of my 13 year old son who severed his legs in an accident and was away from studies for almost 2 years. Now whichever school in Chennai I am approaching, they want extra bribe for him to get re-admitted, what should I do?

Posted on September 28, 2017 by Ramanuj S

FOUND-Grievances can be addressed to:-

Public Information Officers

Sl. No.

Name/ Designation
Thiru./ Tmt./ Selvi.


STD Code

Phone No.



Under Secretary

Service & General matters of personnel coming under Tamil Nadu School Educational Service


2566 5391

School Education Department, Secretariat, Chennai-9

Appelate Authority


Deputy Secretary

All matters relating to Directorate of School Education



School Education Department, Secretariat, Chennai-9

  • 5 months ago

I am owner of a supermarket in Noida. I have many suppliers from local warehouses who come alongside good relations, but not without the ambit of bribing us when it comes to dealing with Purchase division. I have to establish an antibribery SOP for my employees and also train them. Since I see IPaidABribe is doing such great work in educating too, can you guide me on basic steps to carry this forward?

Posted on September 28, 2017 by Ashish Mehta

Compiled by Dheeman Ghosh, Senior Associate- IPaidABribe

Dear Mr. Mehta,

You can go forward with the following steps in order to ensure an antibribery protocol for your company:

  1. Appoint a vigilance officer who looks into and reports activities for a period of time to understand such cases while handling transactions between suppliers
  2. Prepare and share a clear Whistleblower Policy and share among employees and suppliers
  3. Prepare and share a clear "No gifts" and "Anti bribery" policy laying down care principles of punishments related to fines and cancellation of contract with suppliers if found guilty
  4. Provide sufficient norms of Whisteblower protection with the compant
  5. Robust mechanism of employee awareness such as educational sessions on "saying no to bribes" handled by the HR department to bring in a culture of itnegrity among employees
  6. Include mechanisms to check bribery in the internal audit mechamisms of the company
  7. Put CCTV Cameras and signages cautioning people to not pay bribes in different strategic points of the premises wherever supplier-employee interaction is likely

  • 5 months ago

Hi,I applied for new pan card. pan card status is YOUR APPLICATION IS WITHHELD FOR PROCESSING.Objection marked - [ UID Authentication Mismatch and POI/POA/PDOB proof given as copy of AADHAAR ]. Application will be processed after deleting AADHAAR, provided valid POI/POA/PODOB other than AADHAAR copy are submitted/attached with this PAN query is Whats the exact issue?How to correct the changes or want to apply new again? Please guide me.Thanks,

Posted on September 25, 2017 by Mathan K A

It seems you have uploaded the Aadhar document for the purpose of POI/POA/PDOB but your Aadhar has not been accepted for some reason of mismatch with the Aadhar database as per UIDAI. You are requested to kindly modify your online PAN Card application entry field where you provided the Aadhar details and instead put in

Proof of Identity (Copy of one of the below)

  1. Voter Identity Card
  2. Driving License^
  3. Passport ^
  4. Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
  5. Arm’s License
  6. Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or a State Government or a Public Sector Undertaking
  7. Pensioner Card having photograph of the applicant
  8. Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Heath Scheme photo card
  9. Ration Card having photograph of applicant
  10. Certificate of identity in original signed by Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councilor or a Gazetted Officer Download Pdf

Proof of Date Of Birth (Copy of one of the below)

  1. Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority
  2. Pension Payment Order
  3. Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
  4. Marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages
  5. Matriculation certificate
  6. Domicile certificate issued
  7. Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth by the Government
  8. Driving License^
  9. Passport ^

Proof of Address (Copy of one of the below)

  1. Elector's Photo Identity Card
  2. Driving License^
  3. Passport ^
  4. Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
  5. Bank Account Statement/Passbook*
  6. Credit Card Statement*
  7. Landline telephone or broadband connection bill^
  8. Passport of the Spouse^
  9. Post office pass book having address of the applicant
  10. Electricity Bill*
  11. Depository Account Statement^
  12. Latest Property Tax Assessment Order
  13. Domicile certificate issued by the Government
  14. Allotment letter of accommodation issued by the Central Government or State Government of not more than three years old
  15. Property registration document

Answered by Dheeman Ghosh, Senior Associate , IPAIDABRIBE

  • 5 months ago

Sir, My mother in law who is staying alone in Palani harassed by a near by tea shop owner filed a case against him in the local police station. But they people did not do a proper inquiry. It was dumped by the local influence or money. This was knowing the fact that we are staying far away and will not be available for the immediate assistance. They also seek money from her. Where should we seek justice and proper inquiry.Can You guide me. Expecting your kind intervention

Posted on September 20, 2017 by Vinesh

Please call on the Superintendent of Police, Dindigul District and tender a written petition explaining your grievances. This will yield better results than if you send a complaint to him by post or email.

  • 5 months ago

I live in an apartment building called Kaustubham located on Tata Silk Farm 1st main road. Basavanagudi. We applied for and received one Cauvery water connection for this apartment in 1996. We find this connection in inadequate to meet our requirements. Can we apply for another connection and if so what is the procedure to be followed . Would be grateful for information and advice as to how to proceed in the matter without resorting to payment of illegal gratification

Posted on September 20, 2017 by A Arjunan

The BWSSB does not sanction multiple connections to an individual for the same address. The question of paying illegal gratification does not arise. You are not entitled to the service you seek. Please recall the fact that water is a scarce resource and we must use it economically and prudently.

  • 5 months ago

We are been asked bribe for processing e-khata in Yamar Panchayat, We are determined not to pay bribe. How do we make these people work without bribe? Does this site help us any way?

Posted on September 18, 2017 by Amitansu Mahapatra

I assume that you are referring to Yamare Panchayat in Anekal taluk of Bangalore Urban district. You can give a written complaint to the Deputy Commissioner Bangalore Urban, Bangalore. I am sure you will get redress.

  • 5 months ago

What is the IPS and how do we join the IPS?

Posted on September 13, 2017 by A CITIZEN

IPS is short for Indian Police Service. It is one of the three all-India services of the government of India; the other two being the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Forest Service (IFS). It is a general pool from which police officers are drawn and sent out to serve in senior posts all over the country.

First you have to sit for the preliminary examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Dates and venue are published from time to time in local and national newspapers. If you pass that you can sit for the main written examination.

If you clear the written examination you are interviewed by an interview board. When you are selected you are asked to indicate which central service you would like to join - the Foreign Service, the Administrative Service, the Police, Forest or Revenue. Only if you score very high marks will get your choice of service, because allotments to different civil services are merit-based.

  • 5 months ago

How can one become a police officer? - Monthly Question by our Expert

Posted on September 13, 2017 by A CITIZEN OF INDIA

There are three levels at which you can join the force. At the state level you can join either as a constable and go up to Inspector of Police or you can join at Sub-Inspector level and get promoted all the way up to Superintendent of Police in charge of a district.

Constables and sub-inspectors have to take a written entrance test. If you pass you have to go for a physical test. If that is cleared then you are called for an interview. Then you go through a medical check-up to see if you are medically fit and only then is the final selection done.

IPS officers on the other hand are recruited at the central level and ranks begin as Assistant Superintendent of Police.